Teo Ah Khing
Chairman TAK Group of Companies
Chairman of Teo A. Khing Design Consultants
Chairman of Desert Star Holdings
Chairman of China Horse Club
Chairman of Inner Mongolia Yitai Desert Star Horse Industries
Malaysian-born Fujian native Teo Ah Khing is an acclaimed architect, entrepreneur, racehorse owner and breeder. In a glittering career the Harvard University Graduate continues to combine Western pragmatism with Eastern values in architecture and design, strategic business planning and investment creation across various fields of endeavour through a portfolio of companies.
Teo has also been a senior advisor to Heads of State for almost two decades with his expertise sought by:
- Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamed (then Prime Minister of Malaysia);
- The Right Honourable President Pervez Musharraf (then President of Pakistan);
- His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai).
Notable challenges have been met and overcome for these leaders with Teo instrumental in nation building through his unique designs and planning; providing adventurous customized solutions and opportunities; as well as advising on investment decision makings.
Among a myriad of achievements, the international awarded and recognized architect and designer can lay claim to:
- the planning and design a new hub for Malaysia’s governance in Putrajaya which remains the centre of power for both government and the Royal Family;
- Dubai’s iconic Meydan Grandstand which set new standards of excellence in the opulent world of international thoroughbred racing with the grandstand and accompanying facilities including a five-star hotel, Imax theatre, wondrous restaurants, peerless entertainment and hosting facilities as well as the famed Royal Enclosure;
- unique masterplans that include but are not limited to:
o Palm Deira Masterplan (Dubai);
o GHQ Complex and Masterplan (Pakistan);
o Bahria New Town (Pakistan);
o Greater Curtin Masterplan (Malaysia);
o Pearl of the Caribbean (St Lucia);
o Meydan City Masterplan (Dubai);
o Karambunai Masterplan (Malaysia)
In addition to Teo A. Khing Design Consultants (TAK), the entrepreneurial businessman is also the Chairman of Desert Star Holdings Limited (DSH), the China Horse Club (CHC) and Inner Mongolia Yitai Desert Star Horse Industries (IMYDSHI). The introduction of these organisations has expanded Teo’s footprint to include Australia, Britain, China, France, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, St Lucia, Switzerland and the United States.
DSH was envisioned to create liveable cities and communities and has moved astutely to make investments in varied international markets. It also provides planning and project management expertise to large scale projects including those from within the thoroughbred industry.
The China Horse Club (CHC) was established with a mantra of helping Chinese “go racing to the world”. Since 2013 the club has competed in and won some of the most notable races in the international thoroughbred industry and has been independently been ranked among the world’s top 10 owners. Among the more than 480 wins to date across 11 countries, are successes in iconic events in:
More recently, the Inner Mongolia Yitai Desert Star Horse Industries has emerged as a leading play in China’s thoroughbred industry. It continues to drive initiatives that are seeing growth in the thoroughbred industry in Ordos, Inner Mongolia and hosts racing events at the Ordos Yiqi Racecourse, China’s premier thoroughbred racing facility.